Job Title: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist
Department: Hanna Boys Center
Supervisor: Senior Accountant
The Business Office is a foundation for Hanna Boys Center’s mission and a supportive environment comprised of individuals with a high level of commitment and a desire to learn from one another. The Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist is a collaborative member of the Business Office team responsible for all day-to-day AP/AR functions and month-end-close preparations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all invoices for payment including coding, input and securing approvals.
- Analyze transactions and resolve payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of HBC.
- Process all outgoing cash disbursements including Boy Allowance and Boy Work programs.
- Prepare accounts payable checks and facilitate authorized signatures.
- Reconcile accounts payable and balance to general ledger monthly.
- Maintain records of all receivables and verifications including monthly reconciliation of donations.
- Identify and track purchases requiring sales tax and prepare quarterly payment to State.
- Maintain cash balances in Group Home food budget accounts monthly including cash replenishing.
- Reconcile Group Home food budget accounts and other checking accounts, as needed.
- Oversee all employee credit card transactions, set up new users, and resolve discrepancies.
- Download credit card transactions for reconciliation monthly and then upload to general ledger.
- Process recurring electronic payments and receipts.
- Assist HBC staff with daily financial needs at the Business Office counter.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, SharePoint, Teams).
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to independently set priorities and juggle competing priorities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with appreciation for superior customer service.
- Patient, flexible, collaborative, and cooperative with all constituencies.
- Clear and articulate in verbal and written communication.
- Able to collaborate with diverse constituencies, work in a diverse team and have a growth mindset.
- Be a creative, proactive problem-solver with a desire to improve processes.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to assist when unanticipated challenges arise.
- Experience with ERP platforms e.g., Sage Intacct, Salesforce preferred, but not required.
- Must clear background check for a Community Care Licensed facility, including physical, tb and drug test.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Must be able to bend, squat, stoop, and walk- up flight of stairs.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs., occasionally.
- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal
Please submit resume, cover letter and appropriate college transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org