HANNA BOYS CENTER is a private non-profit residential treatment center that recently celebrated its 70th anniversary of helping boys who come to us voluntarily seeking help. Each boy that resides at Hanna has recognized that he needs help and has taken the initiative to change his life course. Many are struggling at home, in their community, and school.
We are searching for a Chaplain to oversee all chapel events and provide spiritual direction and pastoral counseling for the Center.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always follow HBC policies and procedures.
- Respect and adhere to HBC Catholic moral values and works toward advancing the core spiritual values of the Center.
- Provides spiritual direction and pastoral counseling to the students and staff of the Center.
- Acts as a positive adult role model in all areas by demonstrating and developing positive interactive relationships with all students and staff.
- Communicates with individuals at all levels of the Center and with external community contacts in an articulate, transparent and professional manner while maintaining the proper confidentiality as required under the Seal of the Confessional.
- Supervise and/or preside at all chapel events such as Mass, prayer services, devotions, confessions, baptisms, marriages, funerals, etc.
- In conjunction with the Campus Ministry Program staff, trains and schedules student altar servers, lectors, and other student ministers who serve on the altar.
- In conjunction with the Campus Ministry Program staff, help to organize and supervise
retreats and other campus ministry events.
- In conjunction with the principal, help to guide and support the teaching of religious education at Archbishop Hanna High School.
- Work with the Admissions department to interview applicants to the Center to ascertain the faith identity and commitment of students.
- Available for emergency situations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Validly ordained Roman Catholic Diocesan or Religious priest in good standing. If employed by Hanna Boys Center, the Faculties of the Diocese of Santa Rosa will be requested from the Bishop of Santa Rosa.
- Prior professional experience providing spiritual guidance and working in an ecumenical setting is required, preferably with the young adult age group – ages 13-18.
- A clear commitment to the mission of the Center.
- Excellent oral and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Be a good preacher of the Word.
- Ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the Hanna Boys Center community.
Salary and vacation are negotiable; housing is provided; a car is available. Please submit cover letter, resume, appropriate proof of Ordination, copy of current diocesan or religious faculties, and 3 letters of reference. Please send resumes to:
Hanna Boys Center
17000 Arnold Dr
Sonoma, CA 95476
Attn: HR DIRECTOR
Or email: email@example.com