General Summary:The Controller will assist in the maintenance and preparation of complete and accurate financial accounting records so that statements can be produced in accordance with GAAP; and co-manage accounting, payables, receivables, payroll, fixed assets, and student billing with CFO.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow HBC’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Respect and adhere to HBC’s Catholic moral values.
- Assist in the preparation quarterly financial statements, and maintain general ledger accounts including investments, bequest and trusts, restricted funds, and other accruals and adjustments.
- Support CFO in developing and monitoring internal accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the CFO in preparing annual budgets.
- Complete and comply with invoicing and record keeping required by federal gov’t. contracts.
- Generate monthly reports and analyses.
- Update chart of accounts, and recommends any necessary account changes (adding accounts, making accounts inactive, etc.)
- Support and participate in annual audit preparation process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the semi-monthly payroll process and coordinate with outside payroll service.
- Review and track overtime, and coordinate with department supervisors to ensure prior approval.
- Recap payroll and benefits for general ledger input.
Qualifications and comments:
- CPA Strongly Preferred.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Strong general ledger experience (CYMA experience preferred.)
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience with and knowledge of labor laws regarding employee compensation and benefits.
- Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, with advanced Excel skills required.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and lift up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal.