Job Title: Custodian
Reports To: Maintenance and Facility Manager
General Summary: Responsible for the daily cleaning in and around the buildings of Hanna Boys Center.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- In all activities acts as a positive adult role model demonstrating Catholic Moral Values
- Adhere to Hanna Boys Center policies and procedures at all times.
- punctual in conforming to assigned work hours.
- Responsible for ordering of cleaning supplies required.
- Sweep, wax, polish, and mop floors.
- Wash walls and woodwork.
- Clean and disinfect rest rooms and replenish paper supplies.
- Vacuum and clean carpets.
- Empty and dispose of trash.
- Prepare rooms for meetings and visitors.
- Dust blinds and furniture,
- Instruct boys during their work programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to anticipate need for and identify material required for custodial duties.
- Knowledge of the use and care of cleaning equipment.
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Ability to work under supervision.
- Able to carry out oral and written directions and accomplish tasks on time.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license.
- Experience working in large facilities.