Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Hanna’s mission is to transform the lives of youth, families and communities impacted by trauma and adversity through resilience, connection and spiritual wellness.
We work to achieve this mission through our therapeutic residential school program for young men as well as through the Hanna Institute. The Hanna Institute provides high quality trainings, in-depth consultations and deep partnership to organizations committed to aligning their work with the latest science and best practices in trauma-informed care.
Primary Duties: Oversees all aspects of Hanna’s Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) programs.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Development Officer (CDO), and program leadership in all aspects of foundation relations and grants management.
- Work with CDO to set and meet ambitious institutional giving goals on an annual basis. Develop and execute a comprehensive multi-year plan and strategies to increase the amount and quality and durable of funding from foundations and corporations.
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain effective relationships with new and existing corporate and foundation partners and their representatives, including program officers, board members, and other influencers and decision-makers.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit an active portfolio of 75-100 high value institutional donors and prospects. Cultivate and maintain awareness of grantmaking budget cycles, philanthropic trends and opportunities. Develop, prepare, and present formal proposals.
- Manage and liaise with a variety of research and administrative staff and partners involved in grant writing, reporting, and management to ensure high performance of this portfolio.
- Ensure effective stewardship of institutional prospects and donors. Collaborate with other development and program staff on cultivating and soliciting multi-stakeholder and multi-interest prospects.
- Develops and manages comprehensive three-year CFR plan with aggressive but realistic goals, strategies, tactics, metrics and budget
- Works closely with Hanna’s development team to coordinate corporate/foundation partnership opportunities that may include major gifts, marketing, public relations, communications, branding, internships, vending relationships and events
- Manages part-time external grants writer(s)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 5-7 years successful applicable fundraising or marketing experience, preferably working with institutional donors or governmental organizations
- Proven track record of raising significant private or government grant revenue, personally soliciting $100K+ foundation or corporate grants
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing fundraising or marketing professionals
- A growth mindset; flexible and adaptive.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Comments: Must clear background check for a Community Care Licensed facility, including physical, tb and drug test. Must have valid CA Driver’s License.
Please submit resume, cover letter and appropriate college transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org