Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of talent management, organizational and performance management, training and development, compensation, and succession planning. The Director of Human Resources provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders and the board of directors.
Objectives of this Role
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the organization’s mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including staffing, employment processing, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Craft talent acquisition strategies to build strong pipelines for future hiring needs.
- Promote inclusion in the workplace and reinforce our position as an equal opportunity employer.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience in strategic planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Education and Experience
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university in human resources or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Please submit resume, cover letter and appropriate college transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org