Department: Hanna Institute
Supervisor: Hanna Institute Co-Directors
Description: The Hanna Institute Education Specialist will drive the reach of the Institute’s school-school specific trainings, services and initiatives. In particular, this position will be responsible for successfully overseeing the expansion of the Nelson SELWELL school initiative and RESILIENT SCHOOLS initiative, with St. Joseph Health and On The Move, to schools throughout Sonoma and Napa County. This position will lead trainings and deep partnership work focused on addressing trauma and building resiliency within school systems throughout the region and among staff, students and families.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respect the Center’s Guiding Principles
- Provide teacher and staff training and support, and identify on-going opportunities to ensure continuous learning around trauma, resilience and social-emotional well-being
- Design, test and refine scalable school-led programming and initiatives to create transformative and sustainable student, parents/families, school and community resiliency
- Support Institute community events and activities, and represent the critical work of the Institute at industry conferences and events
- Cultivate relationships with school districts, superintendents, principals and leadership staff that culminate in successful program and service-provision opportunities
- Develop and oversee school assessment process to identify school readiness, gaps and assets for program implementation
- Collect and assess program impact data, create systems for data and program improvement, and share key findings with partners and funders
- Identify and/or develop innovative opportunities to support the health and well being of school communities, including but not limited to staff, students, parents/families and local organizations
- Demonstrate willingness continue to learn, grow and develop personally and professionally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep commitment to equity, social justice and improving individual and community health and well-being
- Significant knowledge of educational system, campus culture and community school model
- Demonstrated success building, implementing and evaluating impactful school-based programs
- Capacity to nurture productive and positive relationships among a variety of school staff positions
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines in a fast-paced and supportive environment
- Comfortable leading trainings and facilitating group discussion
- Valid CA state driver’s license
- Strong knowledge of the impact of trauma, adversity, neurobiology and trauma informed care
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred
- Must clear background check for a Community Care Licensed facility, including physical, tb and drug test.
- Sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Bend, squat, stoop, and walk up flight of stairs.
- Lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs., occasionally. Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal.