Hanna Boys Center is a private nonprofit which provides a therapeutic, residential school program to underserved adolescent boys.
The Archbishop Hanna Math Teacher is responsible for planning instruction and/or making adaptations to the general curriculum to enable students to benefit from their education. The teacher is expected to communicate with parents, clinicians, and residential staff regarding student accommodations and modifications and must be able to report to and participate on multidisciplinary evaluation teams. Must also be willing to work with and encourage students while maintaining academic rigor that is suitable to each student’s needs and goals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respect the Center’s faith, educational and caring Catholic values
- Serve as part of the high school teaching staff
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with at-risk youth
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to inform and adjust teaching strategies
- Incorporate individualized learning goals and activities for all students
- School day duty hours are between 8:00 – 4:00. Until 4:30 one day weekly
- Participate in lunch supervision duties
- Actively engage with Professional Learning Community to build capacity and install best practices
- Develop understanding and then implement learning activities consistent with Competency Based Education, Trauma Informed Care classroom practices, and Inquiry Based Learning
- Participate in conflict resolution, restorative circles, and other relationship-based activities
- A. or greater in content area. Successful teaching experience required. Willing to work towards and acquire state teaching certificate/credential.
- Experience working with at-risk youth.
- Training or endorsements in Math Literacy Skills highly desirable.
- Ability to work supportively with other staff to achieve common goals.
REQUIREMENTS: Must pass a criminal background check and physical, including a drug and TB test. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to be covered under our insurance. Ability to be certified in CPR/First Aid, and crisis intervention.
Please submit resume, cover letter and appropriate college transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org