Do you feel passionate about working with young men of color, especially Latino and African American Youth? Do you want to be part of a change in service delivery that is relationally-based and trauma informed? Do you want an opportunity to be trained by nationally recognized experts in trauma? Do you want to impact the greater community? Do you want to do all this in a beautiful setting, with a friendly team and good food?
Hanna Boys Center is a private non-profit which provides a residential treatment center/ boarding school that helps under-resourced adolescent boys who come to us voluntarily. Each client has recognized his life needs help and has taken the initiative to change his course. Many are struggling at home, in their community and/or school. Additionally, Hanna provides training and consultative services, in the area of childhood trauma, to other youth serving organizations. We work collaboratively with these organizations to help them improve care and enhance program outcomes.
Hanna transforms the lives of youth, families and communities impacted by trauma and adversity through resilience, connection and spiritual wellness.
Job Title: Social worker/ Caseworker
Supervisor: Chief Clinical Officer
Description: The position of Clinician is responsible for providing and coordinating the therapeutic needs of clients on their assigned caseload, including providing trauma-specific and culturally informed direct services to a diverse group of adolescent males and providing trauma and culturally informed consultation to non-mental health direct staff in the milieu.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respect the Center’s faith, education and caring Catholic values
- Provide safe environment for client
- Identify resources based on client’s needs and family resources
- Create after-care plans, including possible referrals and/or resources
- Develop transitional plans
- Coordinate vocational program for clients including on campus and off campus jobs and needed training/certificate programs
- Serve as check-in for guys not in individual therapy
- Work with health clinic to help with any additional resources needed and verify insurance status
- Coordinate care team meetings
- Help promote trauma-informed principles
- Work within multidisciplinary framework on identifying and connecting with resources that help promote well-being, resilience, and growth
- Develop a clear understanding of the impact of ACEs and Urban ACEs of each client.
- Maintain positive communications with parents/guardians.
- Manifest willingness to learn and share knowledge and provide consultation to colleagues throughout milieu.
- Participate in weekly internal department meetings and group supervision, as well as meetings with the residential and teaching staff.
- Co-facilitate regular check-in groups with residents in the cottages and/or schools.
- Lead multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings regarding residents.
- Support the substance use/abuse early intervention and intervention protocols.
- Demonstrate willingness to continue ongoing professional development.
- Participate in weekly in-service and regularly trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree, or higher in Social Work
- Licensed or licensed eligible for California
- Knowledge of and ability to use trauma-informed approaches.
- Demonstrates cultural humility and openness. Experience working cross-culturally.
- Experience with adolescent males.
- Experience in developing a network of possible community resources.
- Strong communication skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Ability to communicate in a direct and constructive manner with colleagues.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution strategies.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) a plus.
- Must clear background check for a Community Care Licensed facility, including physical, tb and drug test.
- Sit for extended periods of time and the ability to manage repetitive hand/wrist movements while using a computer keyboard and/or the phone.
- Bend, squat, stoop, and walk up flight of stairs.
- Lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs., occasionally. Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal.
Please submit resume, cover letter and appropriate college transcripts to: email@example.com