Hanna Boys Center is a private nonprofit which provides a therapeutic, residential school program to underserved adolescent boys.
The Student Aide provides assistance to the Archbishop Hanna High School Staff, faculty and students during the school day. The Student Aide is responsible for interacting with each boy in a positive manner, and to role model socially appropriate behavior for the boys. The Student Aid is not involved with disciplining boys or assigning consequences but will report incidents to the school faculty on duty as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow HBC policies and procedures at all times.
• Respect and adhere to HBC catholic moral values.
• Observe safety rules and emergency procedures.
• Punctual and faithful in conforming to assigned hours and work.
• Attend weekly faculty meetings and trainings.
• Communicate with team members and other Center personnel as needed to ensure all information is relayed as appropriate.
• Provide transportation when needed
• Maintain a therapeutic environment for the residents.
• Develop a sound professional rapport with both staff and residents.
• Supervise the residents using trauma informed care
• Provide behavioral crisis intervention
• Complete incident reports and log behaviors that need attention before end of day
• Supervise transitions before and after school, during class changes, and before/after lunch
• Attend quarterly, student team planning and educational meetings for students
• Support extra-curricular school and center activities
• Establish clear boundaries for the residents.
• Work with students in small groups or one-to-one to provide instruction and support for classroom assignments.
• Assist residents with schoolwork.
• Teach educational skills and other socially appropriate skills to residents.
• Serve as a short term, relief substitute for classroom teachers or the school administrative assistant as assigned by the school principal
• Assist teacher in conducting lessons and other classroom activities
• Administer and correct lessons or tests as assigned
• Confer with the principals and teachers concerning program and materials needed to meet the needs of students
• Rotate into Saturday school schedule
REQUIREMENTS: Must pass a criminal background check and physical, including a drug and TB test. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to be covered under our insurance. Ability to be certified in CPR/First Aid, community water safety and crisis intervention. Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in related field or experience working with children, however others who are interested may apply.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org