Decorative top bar
Work Here Events Alumni Hotane
Work Here Events Alumni Hotane

Give From Your IRA

Use Your IRA to Support Youth at Hanna

If you are 70.5 or older with a traditional IRA, you’re eligible for one of the most tax-savvy ways to support Hanna Boys Center and the youth who need your support: donating directly from your IRA.

This is also called a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD, or an IRA Rollover:

    • QCDs can only be taken out of an IRA. 401ks and 403bs do not qualify and are subject to regular taxes.
    • Gifts are always tax-free, regardless of whether or not the person itemizes on their return. This is one of the only ways to make a donation without dipping into your taxable income.
    • You can give up to $100,000 out of your IRA tax-free.

Just like donating via cash or check, giving from your IRA is an immediate and impactful way to support Hanna Boys Center— but unlike a cash gift, it helps you save on your taxes in the process.

Now is the perfect time to make this kind of donation. Gifts from an IRA need to be processed by Hanna Boys Center before December 31st, so making your gift today ensures that it will count for your 2021 taxes.

Donating through your IRA doesn’t have to be complicated or stressful, and our online platform makes it painless and fast. You will be guided through the donation process in under 10 minutes, no sensitive information is required. Your paperwork will even be auto-completed online.

Visit FreeWill.com/QCD/HannaBoysCenter to give or learn more about IRA giving today or contact Dennis Crandall, at  707.933.2572 dcrandall@hannacenter.org